ro·bot (rbt, -bt)|
1. A mechanical device
that sometimes resembles a human and is capable of performing
a variety of often complex human tasks on command or by
being programmed in advance.
2. A machine or device
that operates automatically or by remote control.
3. A person who works
mechanically without original thought, especially one
who responds automatically to the commands of others.
n. (used with a sing. verb)
1. The science or study
of the technology associated with the design, fabrication,
theory, and application of robots.
- Android World - This site is devoted
to androids. An android is an anthropomorphic robot -
i.e. a robot that looks like a human.
- Applied Science and Engineering Laboratories
- Applied Science and Engineering Laboratories, Rehabilitation
Engineering, Assistive Technology, AAC, Speech, Gesture,
Rehabilitation Robotics, and Learning Technology.
- The goal of the Boadicea project was to build a small
walking robot with better mechanical performance than
previous small robots.
- Flakey - A custom-built
platform approximately 3 feet high and 2 feet in diameter
operating within SRI's own office environment.
- Handy Board Robotics - A 6811-based microcontroller
system that lets you build mobile robots for educational,
hobbyist, and industrial purposes.
- Hazardous Duty Robots - Here are three dangerous situations where hazardous
duty robots could be used. Read the scenarios, meet the
robots, and then match the right robot to the job.
- Humanoid Robotics Group - MIT Artificial Intelligence Laboratory.
- K-Team - Develops and sells single board
cpu and innovative mobile robots for research, education
and industrial applications.
- MIT Leg Laboratory - One-legged
hoppers, bipedal runners, bipedal walkers, a quadruped,
and two kangaroo-like robots.
- Nasa Robotics - Welcome to the NASA Robotics Alliance Project (formerly the NASA Robotics Education Project).
- Robot Books.com - Robot Kits, Robotics,
and Toy Robots.
- Robot Learning Laboratory
- Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon.
- RobotCafe.com - Robotics News, Tutorials,
Discussion Forums, and Books.
- Robotics Institute - Established in 1979
to conduct basic and applied research in robotics technologies
relevant to industrial and societal tasks.
- Robots Online - Play in our online
robot game room or chat with other robot enthusiasts.
- Shadow Robot Group - A robot that can
reach the cupboards, turn the taps, get up the stairs.
A robot that can function in a human environment to do
the repetitive things we need to do.
- Simulated Reality Systems - Build Robots
or learn more about them?
- Team Delta - Battle Robots.
- The Computer Museum History Center
- The world's authority on the history of computing technology..
- U.C. Berkeley - Robotics and
Intelligent Machines Lab.
- Brought to you by the Learning Robot Lab of the Robotics
Institute in CMU's School of Computer Science.