Parents - The Anti-Drug!! Spanish | Chinese | Filipino | Korean | Vietnamese.
A Minute? Give it to Your kid - Smoking & Tobacco Use Education.
TIPS - CDC's Tobacco Information and Prevention Source includes.
Child Left Behind "When it comes to the education
of our children failure is not an option" President George
- Firearm Safety - Every time you pick up a firearm, you pick up a responsibility. Safe storage of your firearms is also YOUR responsibility.
- National SAFE KIDS
Campaign - Promoting child safety to prevent unintentional
- Safety for
- AIDS Action - New
England's oldest and largest AIDS service organization.
- All Family Resources - Directory
of family resources for parents, children, teens, seniors,
family recipes, travel, business, and careers.
- AMA - Physicians dedicated to the health
- American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry - Assisting parents & families in understanding developmental
behavioral, emotional, & mental disorders affecting
children and adolescents…
- American Academy of Pediatrics - Committed to the attainment of optimal physical mental
and social health and well being for all…
- American Association of Sex Educators,
Counselors, and Therapists -. ..devoted to the promotion
of sexual health...
- American Diabetes Association, The -
The nation's leading nonprofit health organization providing
diabetes research, diabetes education and advocacy for
people with diabetes.
- American Foundation of AIDS Research - Nonprofit
organization dedicated to the support of HIV/AIDS research,
AIDS prevention, treatment education, and the advocacy
of sound AIDS-related public policy.
- American Psychiatric Association - 40,500
U.S. and international physicians specializing in the
diagnosis and treatment of mental and emotional illnesses
and substance use disorders.
- American Red Cross - Official site..
Education - Parents' Articles, Early Learning Goals,
Pre-school learning & the Foundation Year.
- BBC, Skillswise - English & Maths for adults.
- Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids - Working
to expose Big Tobacco's lies, the Campaign reveals the
truth about the deadly effects of smoking...
- Center for Substance Abuse Prevention (CSAP)
- Children Now - Uses research and mass
communications to make the well being of children a top
priority across the nation. Publishers of the booklet
"Talking With Kids About Tough Issues."
- Children, Adolescence and Violence - Psychologist Michael Fenichel presents information and
resources for parents, teachers, students, and counselors.
Emphasis is on prevention, the "warning signs",
causes, and effects of violence.
- Circumcision Information
and Resource Pages - One of the largest collections
of online circumcision information. Divided into two sections.
CIRP Reference Library contains medical, legal, historical,
ethical, religious and human rights references.
- Colorado State Foster
Parent Association - Resource for training and education
for foster parents, child welfare legislation, and links
to other resources in Colorado.
- Congenital Heart Disease - Congenital heart disease is a type of defect or malformation in one or more structures of the heart or blood vessels that occurs before birth.
- Educate the Children - Educate the Children
provides lesson plans and resources for teachers and parents
of 5-11 year old children.
- Educators for Social Responsibility - A national leader in supporting schools, families, and
- Emotional Intelligence Resources for Parents - A resource library of articles, activities, websites,
books, and more for parents who want to learn and teach
- ETR Associates -
...to enhance the well-being of individuals, families
- Every Child By Two - The Carter/Bumpers Campaign for Early Immunizations
strives to raise awareness of the critical need for timely
- FDA Kid's - Yorick
would like to show you the many medical devices approved
by the FDA for use.
- Gates Children's
Vaccine Program - Resources - Promotes equal access
to lifesaving vaccines worldwide. Provide reliable information
to health professionals and to parents.
- Gay Parent Online Magazine - Resources for lesbians
and gay men who are parents or who wish to be parents.
- healthfinder.gov - Brought
to you by the Office of Disease Prevention and Health
Promotion, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Healthy Families Program -
A state and federal funded health coverage program for
children with family incomes above the level eligible
for no cost Medi-Cal and below 250% of the federal income
- Hearts at Home - Professional conference
for mothers at home or those who want to be. Conferences
include keynote speakers, lunch, and your choice of workshops.
- Hygeia - Resources for grieving parents
who have lost a pregnancy or newborn child, as well as
for those caring for critically ill infants.
- Kid's Health - The latest on everything
from chicken pox to dyslexia in easy-to-read articles
for kids, teens, and parents.
- Mayo Clinic - Health information
weight loss parkinson's disease flu shots weight control
inflammatory bowel disease otitis media medical tests
anterior cruciate ligament mayoclinic.
- National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy - Preventing teen pregnancy by supporting values and stimulating
actions that are consistent with a pregnancy-free adolescence.
- National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence
Inc. - Education, Information and Hope.
- National Crime Prevention
Council - Provides activities to teach young children
how to deal with scary situations and issues such as run-ins
with bullies, guns, drugs, and strangers. In English and
- National Institute on Drug
& Treatment Referral Helpline - ...to lead the
Nation in bringing the power of science to bear on drug
abuse and addiction.
- National Prevention Information Network -
A CDC service for distributing HIV/AIDS, STD, and TB information.
- PapaJan.com - Dedicated to parents with
children 6-to-10 years of age. Resources include: The
Toy Shoppe and testing and reviewing products to help
children develop reading and vocabulary skills.
- Performance-enhancing drugs and your teen athlete - Is your teenager involved in athletics? If so, you need to know about the dangers of performance-enhancing drugs and supplements.
- The Children's Health Council (CHC)
- A non-profit organization in Palo Alto, CA, provides
mental health, special education, and developmental services
for children and their families
- The Immunization Action Coalition and the
Hepatitis B Coalition - Disseminate information on
prevention and treatment of Hepatitis B and childhood
and adult immunizations.